Gaston Medical Partners Coronavirus FAQs – Testing & Virtual Visits Now Available
While these times can be uncertain and even scary, Gaston Medical Partners wants to assure our patients that we are taking every opportunity to keep you well. We will continue to make updates to this information as things change quickly so you will always be informed and educated.
Can Gaston Medical Partners test me for coronavirus?
Yes. Gaston Medical Partners is committed to serving and caring for our patients, including testing for flu and coronavirus. If you have symptoms including fever or respiratory illness like cough and difficulty breathing, these are the next steps:
- Call Gaston Medical Partners at 704-800-4268 to make an appointment for testing. Appointments are available daily. Please do not come directly to the office.
- When you arrive, Gaston Medical Partners staff will meet you at your car outside the facility. Please stay in your car!
- You will first be tested for flu and receive the results while you wait.
- If the flu test is negative, staff may conduct a coronavirus test depending upon your symptoms, exposure risk (travel to affected areas or known contact with infected persons), underlying conditions, etc.
- Results will be available in about four days and it is important to stay in isolation while awaiting those results. If the test returns positive, Gaston Medical Partners will provide additional quarantine instructions.
Can I see my doctor through a virtual visit?
Gaston Medical Partners now offers virtual visits for patients who seek expert medical care from the comfort of home. Virtual visits, available for any appointment type, will launch Monday, March 23. Appointments can be made now by calling the Gaston Medical Partners office at 704-800-4268.
Our offices remain open and, especially for patients who have more complex medical situations or require labs, we encourage you to continue visiting in person. We are taking all precautions to keep our patients safe and well by screening for respiratory symptoms and fever outside our doors and keeping all flu and coronavirus testing outside the clinic.
How is Gaston Medical Partners keeping patients safe at their offices?
We have a team partner screening patients, no matter what kind of appointment they are coming in for, in our office parking lot. This screening process will help to protect other patients and staff. All flu and coronavirus testing will take place outside of the office to prevent the spread of viruses.
What is coronavirus and how can I stay well?
COVID-19 is a viral illness. Viruses are not treated with antibiotics and, at this point, there is no treatment or vaccination for this illness. It is treated symptomatically and supportively like other viruses. Fluids and rest are extremely important.
This virus is similar to the flu in that the elderly, infants and chronically ill/immunocompromised people are at risk for serious complications. We want to limit the spread of this virus, so please take precautions to protect one another.
- Wash your hands regularly, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your mouth when coughing
- Stay home if you are sick and, even if you are not sick, practice social distancing
- Do not share food and drink with others
- Frequently disinfect high-touch surfaces
During this outbreak, we need to care and look out for each other. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We can be reached through the Patient Portal or by calling our office at 704-800-4268.
Our office hours will continue as normal and we will keep you updated on any changes. Thank you for putting your trust in our practice. It is our privilege to serve you.